Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sorrowful yet rejoicing

I know it's been a while since I last posted. As of right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop in California. I've been down here for the past eight days (in California, not the coffee shop). I'm here right now because a little more than a week ago, my family got a call saying my grandma had had a stroke and was unresponsive and wouldn't last long. So we all jumped in a couple of cars Sunday afternoon and made it down here by Monday afternoon. By the grace of God, my grandma hung on until last Saturday when she went home to be with the Lord at 2:22 am Saturday morning. She was surrounded by most of her family and she died peacefully. She was a strong Christian woman and I look forward to the day when we will meet again as we perfectly worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There has been a lot of good time reflecting, rejoicing, and grieving with family down here and I'll probably post some reflections when we get home to Utah. The funeral is tomorrow and we'll be driving home Thursday if the Lord wills. Pray that God would be glorified tomorrow as we remember the life of my grandma. She influenced a great number of people and definitely leaves a legacy of an unwasted life seeking the face of God as revealed in his word and constantly offering up prayers for her family, friends, and missions endeavors. Until the next time, sorrowful yet always rejoicing.

Christ in you, the hope of glory.

No comments: