Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A new season began...

...and then it ended just as quickly. If you're one of my facebook friends you might have noticed that my relationship status went from being in a relationship a little over a week ago to going back to being single yesterday. I thought I would use my blog to give a little insight (but not too much) into what happened over the last week or so. About 10 days ago I started dating a great Christian girl. We had been friends for a long time and I liked her and she liked me so we decided to try it out and see where God would take us. In my opinion anyway, we went about it maturely. I talked to her parents. We involved an older, godly couple to keep us accountable. And we went about it seriously, but not too seriously. But, after a week-and-a-half, it wasn't working like it should have. We both wanted to remain friends, but we realized that it wouldn't work out in a relationship at this time. So, we're still good friends, but I am no longer in a relationship. To be honest, it's a little weird for me. But God knows what He's doing and he has a plan for both of us and I know that this is the best. So anyway, I thought I would share with you a little of what has been going on in my life in regard to that.

Coming soon: I just got back from a mission trip to Washington D.C. with my youth group and I'll share some of what God is doing in my life through that.

No comments: