Monday, January 22, 2007

I promise I'm trying to post regularly

It's just not happening for whatever reason. I guess I just haven't had a lot I felt like posting about. Anyway, I had some friends over to watch the Colts-Pats game. It was a lot of fun watching the Colts come back and win it. It was a lot more fun watching it with good friends that were rooting for the same team. Toward the end of the game we cheered so loud that we startled the Kibbey's baby, Reed. So when the Colt's player intercepted the last pass we all cheered quietly and Tim jumped up and hit his hands on my ceiling. We all had a good time. We'll see what the superbowl holds in store for us.

Other things of note: I put in for a promotion at work. The interview went well and I'm just waiting to see what God does with it. I also got the opportunity to witness to a prank caller. It was an interesting conversation. It was some girl and her friends, and she was claiming that I had ditched her at the mall. At first I didn't know whether or not it was a prank call. I thought maybe it was a friend playing a joke on me. God used that to keep me on the line. I kept talking to her and God really put it on my heart to share Him with her. By God's grace, I was able to give her the basic gospel message. I know that God's word won't return void. I only pray that He uses it to convict of sin and lead them to Himself. Whatever the result, I know I learned something from the experience as well. I learned the importance of being ready to give a defense and that you have to take advantage of every opportunity, and I saw again that salvation is only of God. Praise God for that, for if it was up to me, nobody would be saved. But even while it only God that can open the eyes of their hearts, we carry this treasure in jars of clay. I love that whole section of scripture. It declares the greatness of the gospel and our lowliness in order that God might be glorified even in the delivery of the gospel. There is never a time when we can look to ourselves and call ourselves great. We are but jars of clay-pottery-but we carry the greatest treasure of all time. "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." (II Cor. 4:7) What an awesome truth. Far be it from me to glory in anything but the cross.

No comments: