Monday, January 28, 2008

Matt Chandler

I'm waiting for some laundry to finish drying so I guess I have a little time to do some blogging. Recently I've been listening to Matt Chandler's podcasted sermons. He's the pastor of The Villiage Church. His sermons are absolutely amazing. I've been listening to his Luke series and almost every one has torn right through me and brought me close to tears. God has truly gifted him. If you have time to listen to sermons throughout the week (praise God for a job that lets me) I highly recommend listening to him. I don't think it will be a waste of your time.

Now for some other stuff:
Last night at my church's college ministry I won a hotdog eating contest by downing five hotdogs with buns in 4:58. The next closest competitor finished in about 6 minutes. I don't recommend trying it. While the taste of victory is definitely sweet, the feeling of five hotdogs with their buns in my stomach was definitely bitter. I made it through the night, but there were some repercussions. I'll save you the details :)

On a much more serious and joyous note - God has really been convicting me of pride in my life and used Deut. 8 for a lot of that. If you haven't read the chapter in a while, I recommend reading it again. I love how it says that it is God that brings us to a point of hunger in order to humble us, and then in verse 16 God tells us that it is for our good. I'm slowly learning to love the different hungers that God brings into my life that bring me to a greater dependence on Him. I'm learning that the pleasures of Egypt don't compare to the manna from heaven. And Jesus is that manna from heaven. For every hunger, we need Jesus. We need to live by the word that proceeds from his mouth. I love the Jeremy Camp song that simply says "give me Jesus." In the morning when I rise, when I am alone, and when I come to die, give me Jesus. He is enough for me.

God bless you.

No comments: