Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Finished!

To both my delight and dismay I finished Pride and Prejudice five minutes ago. I hadn't been reading it very regularly prior to the last week or two, but, of late, I've been reading it intensely, even reading it during my breaks at work. This was culminated today when I read over 150 pages! I don't think I have ever read that much in a single day. Or if I have, I don't remember it. I can honestly say that it is one of the best fiction books that I have ever read. It joins the ranks of To Kill a Mockingbird, Jane Eyre, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I liked it so much that I barely watched the third game of the NBA Finals as I finished it (go Mavs). Now I need to again watch the six-hour miniseries and the two-hour movie. It was such a good book that I don't know if I should pick up another fiction book for fear of it being far inferior. If anyone has a suggestion to me that won't disappoint, I will gladly hear it. But, until then, I guess I will have to content myself with delving more deeply into the theology and pleasures of God and to applying myself in learning Biblical Greek. I must thank Pride and Prejudice (and Jane Austen) for helping me to rediscover the joy I take in reading that I had lost while going to school (reading textbooks can get pretty tedious). In short, it is a great book that I thoroughly enjoyed. God bless you all.

2 comments:

Micah said...

Wow, I was under the impression that it was just a chick book, but your endorsement definitely has me interested. I'll have to check it out.

Micah said...

Wow, I was under the impression that it was just a chick book, but your endorsement definitely has me interested. I'll have to check it out.