Saturday, June 03, 2006

The rambling thoughts of a tired man

It's been a while since I've posted. (Thank you master of the obvious.) Wednesday I didn't have anything to say, Thursday I had worship practice, and Friday I had a late softball game to play. And right now I'm chilling out to some Norah Jones while I write this. It's been a long day. As many who read this know, Ed's dad, Dave, died and the funeral was today. Before I talk about myself more, I just want to praise God that he's now home. It was so encouraging to see that the family was grieving with joy knowing that even though they had lost a great husband, father, grandfather, and friend, they knew that he was in a much better place and was surely much happier than he had ever been on this world. In fact, Ed even said that this day was one of the best days of his life. It's so awesome to see a family that loves God in both word AND deed. So as we mourn with those who mourn, the words of Paul come to mind "sorrowful yet always rejoicing." May the peace and joy of God reign in the hearts and minds of the Ramoses and the Petits over the coming weeks. My heart and prayers are with you during this time.

Now to a few things that really don't matter too much. In order to get to the funeral I took my first road trip in my new (read: new to me) car. I drove Tim Kibbey and Eric Christensen from Ogden to Pocatello, which translates into 140 miles one-way. It was a really good trip and the car lived up to my expectation of it being a great car for road-trips, but the 4 hours of driving combined with the emotion of the afternoon has proven to be a little tiring. Man, I love Norah Jones' first cd. I think I need to marry someone with a voice like hers ;-) At least I can listen to both of my sisters sing and that is far more than enough. (If you're reading, I love you. I don't say it enough.) While we were in Pocatello we ate at Jack-in-the-box. I hadn't eaten there since we moved from California. I didn't even know we had one as close as 140 miles away. It was really good. We need to get one in Ogden or Layton or somewhere just as close. If I'm totally clueless and someone knows of one close by, let me know. It sure beats McDonalds, Burger King, and even Carl's Jr. (I know, CJ might be disgusting to some, but for some reason I like it.) And since I'm on the subject, we really need an In-and-Out Burger in Utah. It is simply the best ever. Ever. I don't eat fast-food often, but if I do I want it to be quality and nothing beats In-and-Out.

Since I'm talking about random things at random times... I just wrote another song. For some reason it's coming easier to me lately. That's not to say that it's any good. It's just easier now to write mediocre songs. Maybe I'll share it in a post soon. Anyway, I'm tired, I need a shower, and I have to get up relatively early tomorrow so I'll stop my random ramblings (how's that for alliteration).

May each of you experience the love, joy, peace, mercy and grace of our great Lord as we worship corporately at our respective fellowships. To Him be the glory.

No comments: