Monday, June 26, 2006

Some more random thoughts

So I realized that I forgot to mention something in my last post. I went to my outlaw's wedding Saturday (my brother-in-law's brother). What made this wedding significant is that the ceremony was held in one of the most beautiful places you could imagine - Needles Lodge at Snowbasin. It was an outdoor wedding on a beautiful day with a spectacular view in an unbelievably expensive lodge. Both of them work at Snowbasin (along with Eric) and they got a great deal on the lodge and the catering (they have great food, by the way). We got to ride up the gondola to the lodge which is about a 15 minute ride. The scenery was amazing. If I had a camara I would have taken some pictures and posted them. As it is, you can only imagine what a gondola ride up a mountain with an amazing view of a beautiful valley would be like. Combine that with the fact that there was still snow on the top of the mountain and Earl Holding's millions of dollars of indugence in his lodges and you might get the picture. The only thing that I wasn't overly ecstatic about was the fact that in his message, the pastor didn't point out that marriage on earth is a glimpse of our spiritual marriage to Christ. I also realized that there are a couple of lines in traditional vows that I would change. Now, keep in mind I'm not bashing the vows the couple took or the sentiment in which they were taken. But, if it were me, I wouldn't say that I would place my wife's good above mine. Rather, I would say that my wife's good is my good. And the pursuit of my wife's good will be of immeasurable happiness, pleasure, and reward to me. Again, I understand the sentiment and meaning behind the original line and I think that it is very sweet.

Now that I have dug myself a sufficiently deep grave and have probably turned all the women who might read this against me, I might as well change subjects. Sunburns hurt. I'm not a big fan of them. I got a sunburn yesterday and my arms still hurt. I know, I'm a wimp. So not only do all the women now hate me, they also no longer respect me. All in all, a productive blog to this point. I think maybe next Sunday, I'll put on some suntan lotion.

I finally paid off my guitar! :) I sent in the last payment today. It is now completely mine, which I'm sure means that I am approximately 2.3 days away from doing irrepable damage to it.

Pretty soon I'm going to post a couple of quotes from a really good book I'm reading right now - Above All Earthly Pow'rs: Christ in a Postmodern World by David Wells. Basically the book attacks the postmodern mindset that the Western world espouses and then later (although I'm not yet there) demonstrates how the American church has espoused postmodernism. Right now I'm about 20-25% of the way through it and it is really good.

How do you sign off of a blog? Do you just stop typing and click on publish?

No comments: