Friday, October 20, 2006

Down and Out

Lately I've been feeling pretty run down. I think I have some bug that's been going around. It's kind of a flu/cold bug. The lack of heat in my house probably hasn't helped matters either. I don't think I've been hit too hard with it, but it just won't go away. So today, I left work really early and have just hung out at my house for the most part. Which turned out to be a very good thing. I got online around 3:00 today (during which I would normally be working) and when I went to change the site address I accidentally hit the MSN messenger icon at the top of the screen. I decided to sign in just for the heck of it and by God's providence John, the Lebonese missionary my church supports, was online at the same time. We ended up chatting for about 30 minutes before he had to go to bed (it was 1 am his time). It was a really good conversation. It was good to connect with him and see how he was doing over there. We struck up a friendship when he was here in August and his example has been really encouraging for me. He is a year younger than I am and he has lived in Lebanon for three years. If the Lord wills, I want to go over there for a few weeks in May and evangelize and help him. Keep him in your prayers because it is a volitile situation over there. It even appears that Hamas tried to abduct him last week. He is also on his own much of the time that he is evangelizing and he could use some help and encouragement along the way. It is amazing though to see the work that God is doing through him. More and more people are coming to know Christ over there, including former muslims. It truly is amazing. God is indeed a sovereign God and He will build His kingdom in even the most spiritually inhospitable areas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you still down & out?

Darren said...

I seem to be doing better, but every now and then I don't feel so good. Thanks for asking :)