Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ephesians 2:8

Have you ever noticed the first word of Ephesians 2:8? I was just reading over it and it really struck me and I had to share it with you. It starts out with the word "For." This means that there is a direct connection with the verses before it. And this struck me as a little odd. The verses beforehand talk about how Christ saved us when we were dead and how we now receive this immeasureable gift from Him. And so the question came to my mind, why does Paul go from talking about the immeasurable riches of His grace and then jump into the means of our salvation? I think the reason why Paul does this is because we can't receive these riches if our salvation had anything to do with us. In other words, if we had anything to do with our own salvation then we would be ineligible for the riches of His grace. I know that this isn't something new, but it just really struck me and jumped out at me. How awesome is our God! How rich is His love for us! It just blows my mind.

No comments: