Thursday, October 19, 2006

No Heat

I don't have heat in my house. The heater is broken. And the weather just turned cold so it is about freezing in the morning. My friends (the landlords) called to get somebody out here to figure out what's wrong with it, but that won't happen for another week. And to add to the chill, I have a bunch of big windows that apparently aren't very well insulated. I think I might have to start drinking hot beverages. But I draw the line at coffee. I'll drink tea and hot chocolate and maybe other things that are hot, but not coffee. I'm not that desperate...yet.

On a better note, I led my first missions committee meeting the other day. It went really well and we're trying to get some things going and start donating more money. I'm also going to try to organize an annual or semi-annual missions conference and a monthly missions prayer meeting. If the Lord wills, this will all get off the ground and I could be really busy in the near future. But I'll have to wait and see what He does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay warm pointers from the texan chick:

1) drink hot apple cider. (i don't like coffee either - the smell, yes; the taste, noooooooooooooooooooo)

2) sleep with socks on.

3) live in a northface fleece.

i know i know - i'm just ridiculously helfpul.

Darren said...

I've got the socks thing down. It really does work. Unfortunately the only fleece thing I own is a blanket my grandma made for me one Christmas. I spend a lot of time under that blanket. And I'm going to go out and get some apple cider because that sounds really good. I didn't even think of that. To me hot beverages consist of tea and hot chocolate. I don't have much of an imagination in that area.