Thursday, May 18, 2006

A couple (hopefully) short thoughts

I was just driving home from worship practice and I think that I must live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. (Yes, I said world) The sun was setting behind the still snow-covered mountains with a bunch of wispy cirrus clouds that were beautifully silhouetted and illuminated by the sun at the same time. It was an incredible picture of the beauty that God shows us in the world. And all of this is just a little glimpse of Him who is infinitely more beautiful. What really completed the moment was the fact that I was listening to the new Jason Morant cd "Abandon" and was worshipping God through the songs. So to have both the words and music going in my car and to see this amazingly beautiful setting was truly awesome. My words are so inadequate so I'll leave you with some of God's:

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork." (Ps. 19:1)

"Praise Him, sun and moon, praise Him, all you shining stars! Praise Him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!" (Ps. 148:5-6)

"For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made." (Rom. 1:20a)

"For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things were created through Him and for Him." (Col. 1:16, emphasis mine)

No comments: