Saturday, May 06, 2006

Golf

Sorry that I don't have a decent title for this post, I'm just not very original tonight.

I just got back from golfing with my pastor and a couple other guys from my church. I was soundly defeated, not that winning was the point. It was good to be out with some brothers, having a good time, trying to figure out what tree I hit my ball under, seeing how many times I can miss the hole while putting. Lots of good fun. I also found out that the set of clubs that I've been using are women's clubs. So I've got to bend down even farther to hit the ball. I would love to have a picture of my bending over these short little clubs, trying to hit the ball. (For those who don't know me personally, I'm 6' 7", so it's a long way down.) I think the best part about the whole outing was playing against the backdrop of the Wasatch mountains. It was a truly beautiful day and demonstrated so well the glory of God. But yet, it is just the fringes of His glory (Job 26). Speaking of this, I love the Shane & Shane song based on this chapter. These are just the fringes of His glory, so "I'll sing for grace, for grace it let's me sing." How amazing is that truth!!! We can only sing to God because of the grace that He has given us, so let us praise the greatness of that grace to the glory of God. How unworthy of it we are. Another line in the chapter and the song, after talking about all these amazing things, is "and how faint a word we even hear of Him." Let's proclaim the truth of God and His amazing glory and greatness and grace with boldness.

All that from a golf game. God truly is amazing!!!

No comments: