Monday, May 22, 2006

Submitting to God in my witness

Our God is an awesome God. Recently, I've been struggling with being submissive to God and actually doing what He commands me to do. Specifically, I'm talking about my witness at work. I find it so easy to just sit back and not say anything about God and, in all honesty, love the approval of men rather than God to the point where I am ashamed of the Gospel. Praise God that He wouldn't let that continue. This is one reason why I listed that prayer request in the last post. I posted it on Friday night. Saturday morning I went to the leadership and discipleship meeting at my pastor's house and gave the same prayer request. Later that morning, I went to work to put in a few credit hours and was informed by my manager that I would be replacing that very girl and doing her job so I was going to be trained by her and another guy for the next week (starting today). That alone was an answer to prayer because I knew that it would provide ample opportunities to witness to her. Then, today, we got into a small discussion about burning cd's and I told her that I thought it was wrong. The conversation started to die down and I knew that God was telling me to turn the conversation to eternal things. Isn't it ironic that that moment is often when satan and the flesh really turn up the heat? For a few moments there was a definite battle going on in my mind, but, praise God, by His grace I listened to Him and told her exactly why I thought that it was wrong. Namely, that it was a sin against God. For the next hour-and-a-half, I was able to witness to her while we worked, until it was time to leave. I don't know how God will use it, but I know that it won't return void. I was also able to give her a copy of the Gospel of John (praise God I carry some around with me) and she said she would read it. I ask that you would pray with me that God would open her eyes through His word and the words He puts in my mouth. Praise God that He is sovereign over the hearts of men.

No comments: