Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I've been tagged

1. One book that changed your life: The Bible, obviously (outside of that, Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper)
2. One book that you've read more than once: Non-fiction: Don't Waste Your Life Fiction: To Kill a Mockingbird
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Bible
4. One book that made you laugh: That's a hard one. I'll have to go back to my childhood for that (as if I ever left). I would say James and the Giant Peach.
5. One book that made you cry: Do I have to name just one? There have been quite a few. It's kind of a three-way tie between Lil' Britches, Where the Red Fern Grows, and The Yearling. The latter reminds me of a line from a Johnny Cash song: "You'll never read that book again because the ending's just too hard to take."
6. One book that you wish had been written: Lord of the Rings: The Continuing Story
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Oliver Twist. I know, I know, it's a classic and a lot of people love Dickens. But this book was just a constant downer and almost nothing good ever happened to him. I got three-quarters of the way through and put it down and have never picked it back up. I have never been that far in a book and not read the rest of it. The Scarlet Letter could also fit this catagory. It was boring, tedious, and slow, and I knew what was going to happen two chapters before it happened the whole way through.
9. One book you've been meaning to read: The City of God by Augustine and Calvin's Institutes.
10. Now tag five people: If you're reading my blog and you haven't been tagged yet, then consider this a tag. (I guess that means you, Tim)

1 comment:

alk said...

I hate depressing books. That's probably why I'm not a fan of Dickens.