Sunday, August 27, 2006

My dilemma

I think I might be getting writer's block because I just don't know how to start a post anymore (assuming I ever knew how). Today was Kellen and Jen's second-to-last Sunday and I'm sure that everybody is getting tired of me writing about them, but you'll have to put up with a little bit more. We played a song that Kellen wrote today titled "Holy is He." It's a really good song. Very worshipful, very contemplative. To me, it reminded me a lot of "Facedown" by Matt Redman. The sermon was also very good today. It was about the supremacy of the Word of God over ourselves and how we should submit to everything that it says about our lives. If we truly love God and consider the Bible to be His inspired word, then we will desire to read it and submit to it. It was a very good message.

Speaking of submission, that's something that's really been on my mind the last 15 hours or so. It was spurred on by a conversation I had with Kellen last night around 11:30. God has really been pressing something onto my heart and I'm struggling with how to respond to it. I don't know if I'm not being submissive in this situation or if God hasn't revealed everything to me yet. It's a hard line to draw for me. When does my waiting become a lack of faith and disobedience? Am I being prudent and wise or am I really not willing to give it all up and follow Him? I don't really know how to answer it. I don't want to be like Gideon and constantly be asking God for a sign, but I also don't want to rush into something that I shouldn't. I only pray that this dilemma will drive me closer to God and into a deeper reliance on Him.

No comments: