Saturday, August 12, 2006

Recent happenings

At the end of my last post I mentioned some big news about myself. This isn't the post where that is revealed. I hope to talk about it Sunday or Monday. But until then, here are some of the lesser things that have happened to me.

On Wednesday night Tim and Amy came over after the Bible study I do with Tim. And while I have a winstreak of 1 on Tim in virtual chess, my flesh and blood chess losing streak continued. I don't know how long it is, sufice it to say that I have never beaten him in a real game. Although I came really close this time.

Last night, the Christ Community Church softball season ended. We lost our playoff game by one run. That may not sound too bad, but we were up by as much as eight at one point. It was a good, fun season. Especially since it was my first time playing organized ball. I played okay for the most part and had a really good game last night. Two-for-two with two runs scored. Now Tim and I want to practice more before next season so we can do even better.

I did something yesterday that I swore I would never do. I actually bought a country cd. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it right now, but the Bible says that we should confess our sins to one another. First I must explain why. I traded a bunch of videogames in to Graywhale because it's been about six months or more since I've played a videogame. I ended up getting more store credit then I thought I would and they had a used Carrie Underwood cd there. Why her cd? I must admit that I like that song "Jesus, take the wheel" and she can actually sing, unlike some country singers I've heard. I haven't listened to it yet, so I'll give my report on it after I've had a chance to evaluate it. Wow! That was hard, but it had to be done.

Those are the highlight from the last few days minus my big news. The next time I post it will be about that and a decision I came to a couple of weeks ago. Until then, God bless.

2 comments:

Micah said...

I used to hate country but now I have seen the light. Mosey on over to your local music store and check out some Gary Allan or Dwight Yoakam.

Darren said...

I'll have to check that out. It will require some humility, but maybe someday soon I will see the light like you. I just hope it's not an oncoming train. :)