Friday, August 04, 2006

Just passing the time

Some of you may have noticed that I have added some links on the side. I don't know html so I'm having a little bit of trouble with it, but I think I'll get Tim to help me out next Wednesday or something.

Anyway, right now I am at Weber State just trying to kill some time before my first playoff softball game, which is at 9:30. Yes, that is at night. I don't know why they have games so late, but whatever. I guess it's not for me to question why. So if this post is a little boring, I apoligize.

An interesting thing happened to me at work today. I came to the realization that I hadn't been witnessing as much at work as I was a couple of weeks ago. It concerned me, so, while at work, I prayed that in some way I would prove to be a faithful witness, whether by word or deed. A short time later, an older woman I know came up to me and we talked a little bit. And then she asked me if I would pray for her soul because she knew that the thoughts that she had toward her ex-husband were "evil" and worthy of hell (I don't know if she really meant the last part or if it was just an expression). I responded that we all deserve hell and that forgiveness is found in God. It was right around then that a coworker interrupted us and she went back to work. I don't know anything about her religious background and very little about her life so I don't know why she came to me and asked me this except that she knows who I am and what I believe. I started praying for her the minute she walked away. She may not have known what it meant to ask me to pray for her soul, but she asked for it and I will surely grant her her request and I would ask anyone who reads this to join with me in praying for her salvation and my witness to her.

The lab aide just told us that we have 15 minutes so I better get going.

God bless.

No comments: